Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a friend and love it! It's super easy to make and only has 5 ingredients. It's sure to be a hit at football parties or even showers. You can make this a low-fat recipe by substituting lowfat or fat-free cream cheese for the original and using lowfat or fat-free shredded cheeses instead of regular cheese. It will still taste great!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can rotel, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread softened cream cheese on bottom of 8x8 oven safe dish.
- In a small bowl, mix black beans and rotel.
- Pour on top of cream cheese.
- Top with shredded cheeses.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is bubbly (around 15-30 minutes depending on oven).
- Let stand for about 15-30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with tostito chips or Fritos.
This is the simplest, best tasting dip ever! To be honest, I used diced stewed tomatos Mexican style (same as Rotel) and a mixture of shredded cheses--Mexican Mix. But it is SO good I have eaten it myself for lunch a couple of times!
I made this for a superbowl party and my friends and I really enjoyed it. It was easy and cheap to pull together. Thanks for a simple but tasty treat!