Recipe by M. Joan
My one daughter-in-law entered this recipe in the local newspaper and won a first place in the Appetizer section. I do not know where it originated but was sent to me by my other daughter-in-law in Texas. It is always a hit when I serve it to friends and family.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
This was good; however I think it could benefit from some additional salsa. Maybe 1 to 1 1/2 cups more salsa. The additional salsa would add some wetness (I thought this was a little dry) and some heat (I thought this was fairly bland).
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, medium hot
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped or diced (Old El Paso chilies)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped