Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My one daughter-in-law entered this recipe in the local newspaper and won a first place in the Appetizer section. I do not know where it originated but was sent to me by my other daughter-in-law in Texas. It is always a hit when I serve it to friends and family.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, medium hot
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped or diced (Old El Paso chilies)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped
- Thaw and drain spinach well.
- Mix all ingredients and bake, uncovered, in a baking dish for 30 minutes at 350° or until hot.
- I serve with Tostito or Nacho chips (100 percent white corn).
This was good; however I think it could benefit from some additional salsa. Maybe 1 to 1 1/2 cups more salsa. The additional salsa would add some wetness (I thought this was a little dry) and some heat (I thought this was fairly bland).
This dip is wonderful!! Absolutely recommend this to everyone. The spinach adds the perfect touch. Thanks for posting it!
I made this yesterday for our Super Bowl party. It was a hit! I followed the recipe exactly and then topped it with sour cream. I served it with toasted pita bread for dipping. Yum!