- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon louisiana-style red hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro or 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup coarsely chopped tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan of simmering water, cook garlic for 3 minutes to blanch.
- Drain well.
- In food processor, combine garlic, lime juice, ginger, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, salt, hot pepper sauce, and 2 tablespoons of water and process until blended.
- Add cilantro, scallions, and beans and process with on/off pulses until combined but still chunky.
- Transfer dip to serving bowl and stir in tomato.