Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
In '1,000 Mexican Recipes' by Marge Poore
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1⁄2 cup minced white onion
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jarred pickled jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno juice, from the can
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, including 2 inches of green part, finely chopped
- Prepare the beans, or used canned beans; reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Drain the beans of most of their liquid; mash half of the beans.
- Put all of the beans in an ovenproof serving casserole dish.
- Add the white onion, cheese, jalapenos, jalapeno juice, and cumin; mix well.
- Bake the bean mixture until hot and bubbling, about 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with sour cream and scatter the green onions on top.
- Serve hot with chips.