Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy! Can be used for so many foods!
- 15 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained, approx. 1 1/3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 small red onion (minced)
- cilantro (optional)
- Place beans in medium bowl & mash until smooth.
- Add sour cream, juice, garlic, and cumin; blend well.
- Mix in minced onion and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to small bowl & refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped scallions & serve.
So simple and so good! I served it with ancient grains crackers. It isn't pretty, but it's absolutely delicious!