Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is not repeat not diet, but oh sooo good!! - Ann Petrone
Make and share this Black Bean Dip recipe from Food.com.
- Blend beans in a blender until creamy.
- Saute onion and garlic in bacon fat until brown.
- Add all ingredients except bacon and sour cream.
- Cook over medium heat until boiling, stir occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Remove from heat at least 10 minutes before serving to allow thickening.
- Top with sour cream and bacon.
- Serve with hot tortilla's or corn chips.
I really enjoyed this dip, and so did my picky husband! I used canned black beans though and because I drained and rinsed the beans I added about 1/2 cup chicken broth when I blended the beans to make them smooth. I'll be making this again soon. Thanks.
Very good dip! My husband normally does not care for bean dip, but he did enjoy this one. I halved the recipe, but used the full amount of Tabasco (the Habanero version). Otherwise, no changes and loved it! Thanks, Derf!
If I could give this negative stars I would. This was awful! It went straight in the trash! Why would you put coriander in this recipe? Yuck yuck yuck! Good thing I had a different appetizer lined up for my football party!