Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
In this case the Demon is called Habanero. Use Chipotle Tabasco for a smokier, less spicier version. From www.tabasco.com
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tabasco brand habanero sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot, grated (or finely minced)
- 1 small ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and diced small
- 2 large scallions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roasted, finely minced (my addition)
- variety tortilla chips
- Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, TABASCO® Habanero Sauce and salt in bowl.
- Add the drained black beans, carrots, avocado and scallion. Toss to mix well. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Cover well if not eating immediately.
This is a very creative and colorful combination. I had a sample of the chipotle Tabasco and decided to use it, but it turned out to only be 1/2 tsp so I used another 1/2 tsp of hot sauce and added about 1/4 tsp of chipotle powder. The only real change I made was to use minced red onion in place of the scallion, which lent even more color to the dip. This had a good flavor but even with the hot sauce still needed some little 'something.' I think next time I might try lime juice in place of the red wine vinegar, as lime might bring out the other flavors a bit better. Thanks for posting!