Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My sister whipped this salad up from scratch when I was visiting her. It has become a favorite side dish, especially when grilling outdoors!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 large cucumber (peeled and diced)
- 1 tomatoes (diced)
- 1⁄2 green pepper (diced)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1⁄2 small red onion (chopped)
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
This is a very easy and quick recipe. Perfect side dish for a hot summer day. I made salad as written but hubby ask me to add some minced jalapeno, for some hit and it really put this salad over the top!
This is a quick side dish to throw together with things I always have on hand. The balsamic vinegar gives a nice tangy zing. I served this with grilled chicken and couscous. I made this for Spring PAC 2009.