Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a modified version of a Black Bean and Couscous salad I found on this site. I omitted a few ingredients from the original and added tuna.
- 1 cup instant couscous
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna (optional)
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a 2-quart or larger sauce pan and stir in the couscous.
- Cover the pot and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime/lemon juice, vinegar and cumin.
- Add green onions, red pepper, beans and tuna; and toss to coat.
- Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks.
- Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yum! I had leftovers of a black bean and corn salad, and used this recipe to transform it into a new batch of delicious fresh summer quick meal. I love the dressing. With recipes as good and simple as this, there's no reason to keep eating unhealthy foods like greasy pizza!