Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
An easy weeknight dinner that the kids always like.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (7 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- Brown sausage over medium high heat.
- Combine black beans, corn, soup and smoked sausage in a large casserole dish.
- Mix cornbread, egg and milk in a small bowl.
- Pour cornbread mixture evenly over top of the casserole dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until cornbread topping is firm and golden brown on top.