Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from the acouplecooks.com, an awesome blog with tons of unique vegetarian recipes. The only difference I've made was adding corn, which makes this a more healthy vegetarian meal with complete amino acids.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 12 -15 radishes, halved lengthwise & thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 2 limes, juice of
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- In a medium pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add garlic and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes until the garlic is just fragrant barely starting to brown. Add the black beans along with the can liquid, corn, 1 tablespoon of cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer 15 minutes or until the liquid condenses.
- While the beans & corn cook, prepare the salse: Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 3 tablespoons cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, radishes, green onions, serrano pepper and lime juice.
- To serve the tacos, place the beans & corn in the middle of a tortilla and top with salsa and feta. Sprinkle with additional cilantro, if desired.
These delicious tacos made a great lunch alongside some mango/avocado guacamole. I love radishes -- they are wonderful detoxifiers for the body (among other great health benefits) and this radish salsa was a such a surprising addition to these tacos. Loved the combination of the corn and black beans with the feta as well. Will definitely make these wonderful tacos again. Made for PRMR, May, 2014.
These were simply fantastic! Very well balanced.