Recipe by Tinkmommy
This is a salsa recipe that I got frohttp://www.food.com/members/subm/editr2m a friend I knew in California. She made it for a final get together before we moved away and I could never find a recipe that seemed quite right. Now that she's finally shared it I'm putting it here for safe keeping! Times are estimates as I haven't made this yet. I like to eat it with tortilla chips,but it would probably be great as a side dish to some chicken.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white shoepeg corn
- 1 bag shredded carrot
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- juice of a lime
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first set of ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Combine olive oil, sugar, and vinegar and heat over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add lime juice, salt, and pepper if desired.
- Pour liquid into bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with chips or as a side to your main dish.