I really love this salad. I had found it somewhere on the web.
Make and share this Black Bean & Corn Salad with Avocado recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels, cooked (can use canned)
- 1 avocado, peeled,pitted & diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- chili powder
- Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne in a small jar.
- Cover with lid, and shake until ingredients are well mixed.
- In a large plastic container or bowl with a cover, toss the beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro together.
- Shake lime dressing again and pour it over the salad.
- Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, cover and refrigerate.
- Let this sit for a while to blend flavors.
- If you can, remove the container from the refrigerator every so often and turn upside down and back gently a couple of times to redistribute the dressing.