Recipe by Schwabina
This was originally published in "The Sonoran Grill" by Mad Coyote Joe. A friend of mine served with fish tacos, and I thought it was absolutely delicious. He used dark red kidney beans as well as black beans (3 cans total).
- 3 (14 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb frozen white corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 dried ancho chile, rehydrated in water for 45 minutes, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup light olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beans, corn, and both onions in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine ancho chile, vinegar, sugar, lime juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Clean the cilantro and remove any leaves that don't look fresh. Set aside 15 - 20 sprigs of cilantro for garnish. Finely chop remaining cilantro and add 1/2 cup to dressing mixture.
- Whisk dressing and add to salad, toss well, then add tomatoes and gently fold into salad. Garnish with cilantro sprigs. If storing overnight, refrigerate but serve at room temperature.