Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is my version of the tex-mex black bean with corn salad. It is a great refreshing summer salad, high in healthy fats. Note: Cook time is for refrigeration.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn kernels, rinsed and drained, if you have fresh corn in season that's even better
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup radish, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped, can use cilantro if you prefer
- 1 jalapeno pepper, VERY finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Mix the ingredients for the salad in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing in a separate bowl.
- Pour the dressing on the salad and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Refrigerate the salad at least 4 hours, overnight is best.
Another great dish from ~Paula~. I totally agree with a previous reviers that the feta cheese and avocado makes this salad over the top. You did it again, Paula. Also thank YOU for your lovely review of my Zuchinni & Cheese Patties.
I'll have to agree with No Gluten, an excellent salad. We used this with some chips for a snack this afternoon. I made it early this morning and let it sit for about 6 hours. The feta cheese seemed to thicken the dressing where it adhered to the veggies very well. Loved it. I might use some cilantro along with the parsley next time or increase the lime juice. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 09
This is an excellent salad. The avocado and feta cheese sets this salad apart from other black bean and corn salads. I highly recommend it!