Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
by Faith ladies
Make and share this Black Bean Corn Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 22.18 ml onions, finely chopped
- 219.70 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 158.51 ml organic frozen corn, drained (inexpensive at Costco)
- 7.39 ml brown sugar or 7.39 ml agave nectar
- 29.58 ml organic salsa
- 0.59 ml red pepper flakes
- 14.79 ml butter, divided or 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (32 inch) flour tortillas or 4 (32 inch) sprouted wraps
- 177.44 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded divided
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in beans and corn, then add sugar, salsa, and pepper flakes; mix well. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Melt 2 teaspoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the skillet, sprinkle evenly with cheese, then top with some of the bean mixture. Place another tortilla on top, cook until golden, then flip and cook on the other side. Melt more butter as needed, and repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Serves 4.