Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
by Faith ladies
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons onions, finely chopped
- 0.5 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2⁄3 cup organic frozen corn, drained (inexpensive at Costco)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons organic salsa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided or 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas or 4 (8 inch) sprouted wraps
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded divided
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in beans and corn, then add sugar, salsa, and pepper flakes; mix well. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Melt 2 teaspoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the skillet, sprinkle evenly with cheese, then top with some of the bean mixture. Place another tortilla on top, cook until golden, then flip and cook on the other side. Melt more butter as needed, and repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Serves 4.