These muffins are based on the Black Bean Fritters that I learned how to make during class at Culinary Communion (which are one of my favorite luxury fried foods to snack on). Since some folks were concerned about the deep frying of the fritters, I decided to make them into a baked muffin form, instead. I'm happy to say that they are equally as delicious and much more healthful as muffins! I made a quick-to-prepare version this first time, with a Jiffy mix, but will be making a from-scratch version in the future.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a mini-muffin tin with pan spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together the egg and milk.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Fill the mini-muffin tins to three-quarters full and bake at 400 degrees F for 15-18 minutes until lightly browned.
- Turn out and serve immediately or let cool on rack or towel.
- Good with Cajun dishes, chili, fish, and even for breakfast!