1/1 Photo of Black Bean, Corn & Chicken Salad
Jake & Aimee's Note:
Delicious salad that can be served warm or cold. I serve it with olive oil tortillas and sour cream. I think that I found this recipe in a magazine a few years back. Truly delicious, and very healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 1/2 ounces corn, drained. (1 1/2c)
- 29 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed. (3c)
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped. (1/2c)
- 1 bell pepper, diced. (1c)
- 3/4 lb cooked chicken breast, cubed. (3c)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (2 limes)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt & pepper
- olive oil (optional)
- tortilla (optional)
- 1Prepare all vegetables.
- 2Dice chicken (I usually cook the chicken while I am preparing the vegetables, then I dice it while it's warm).
- 3In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- 4Let it sit for a few minutes. (The warmth of the chicken will heat the salad and help the flavors to marry quickly. You can let this sit for about 10 mins or put it in the fridge overnight.).
- 5Stir to redistribute the ingredients.
- 6Serve with tortillas (avocado & sour cream go well too.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean, Corn & Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.8
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.4 mg
- Sodium 84.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.8 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 47.7 g