1/1 Photo of Black Bean, Corn & Avocado Salad over Red Quinoa With Cilant
1 hr 5 mins
Got this off of Karmatarian and really loved it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa (red quinoa preferred)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 avocado, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4-1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- olive oil, Anywhere from a drizzle to 1/8 Cup
- 1/2 lime, zest of
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped (optional)
- sea salt and pepper (optional)
- cilantro, chopped for garnish (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash agave nectar
- 1Cook quinoa with broth according to package directions.
- 2While quinoa is cooking, combine beans, corn, avocado, tomatoes and onion and top with Cilantro dressing (the recipe is below) and toss gently. Taste, as it may not need any more salt (mine did not). Add salt and pepper if desired and the lime zest to taste (I added the full 1/2 lime zest). Add 1/2 of the chopped cilantro if desired, and gently toss once more and set aside.
- 3When quinoa is cooked, drizzle with olive oil. If you are watching calories and fat go light on the oil here or omit as the bean mixture has plenty! Toss and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4When ready to serve, spread the quinoa on a large platter and top with bean mixture. Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired.
- 5Cilantro Dressing: Place last 6 ingredients in a container with tight fitting lid and shake! Taste and adjust.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean, Corn & Avocado Salad over Red Quinoa With Cilant
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.3
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 304.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of
white wine vinegar