Recipe by Mimi in Maine
I got this from my daughter. She had it with the baked Tostito Scoops. It was delicious. You can eat a whole cup and 15 scoops for 4 points, and one cup is a lot. Do you ever go to a gathering and there is nothing for you to eat if you are on Weight Watchers? Well now you can and you will enjoy it. It can also be used for a condiment. NOTE: I tried and tried to put in the Tostito Scoops in the ingredients and it wouldn't allow me, but you will need these for a dip.
Top Review by GreenMtnGirl
Could this recipe be any easier? I think not! It's like Cowboy Caviar without the fuss. What a fantastic healthy lunch. I made this without the salsa, because I didn't have any on hand... I will try it with next time, though I didn't really miss it. I added cumin and some more basil, to suit my own taste. I ate this with low salt blue corn chips, an ancient sweet red pepper and some baby carrots. Super healthy and satisfying. Awesome recipe, thanks for sharing!
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candel monte diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain beans.
- Add frozen corn (it will thaw in the bowl).
- Add can of tomatoes and the salsa.
- Mix well.
- Serve with the scoops.
- NOTE: 4 points for 1 cup beans; 2 points for the corn; tomatoes and salsa are free; 15 Tostitos are 2 points; TOTAL--1 cup dip with the 15 Tostitos is 4 points.