Recipe by Kendra*
This recipe was in the Seattle Times August 20, 2008. It's different from other black bean and corn salads I think because of the lime juice. When I made it, I used only one can of beans and that was plenty for us. I also used garlic salt instead of regular salt. This is a very good and refreshing salad that goes well with Mexican food. I think it would also be good with a couple of fresh, seeded, and minced jalapenos added.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, Chopped
- 3 green onions, very thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together cumin, chili powder, lime juice, olive oil and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix the beans, corn, red pepper and red onion.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Chill if desired.
- Just before serving, top with cilantro and green onion.