Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a healthy dish, especially if you wish to follow a program that can reduce your cholesterol and blood pressure. This can be served over a bed of lettuce or divided into individual servings as a side dish.
- 1 (540 ml) can black beans, rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup corn, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced and finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 2 tablespoons low-fat ranch dressing
- Cook kernels of corn in hot water for about 3 minutes. Cool corn in refrigerator. In the meantime, rinse black beans and place in bowl, add red onion, oregano, pepper, dill seeds, and garlic. Remove corn from refrigerator and mix with black bean ingredients.
- Add salad dressing and place in refrigerator for at least one-half hour. Serve on bed of lettuce or in individual bowls. You can make this recipe with your own favorite salad dressing.
- Alternative: Use can of chick peas or red kidney beans.
This is so easy, and oh so good. Instead of ranch, I added a small cap-ful of extra virgin olive oil. I also added some tabasco sauce for a kick. I thought I would need to add more to it, but it's perfect just like that. I ate it plain. Thank you so much for sharing!
This was extremely easy and everyone loved it. We will definitely make this again