Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice salad to serve outdoors, with grilled turkey or chicken. I got this recipe from a friend.
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked fresh corn kernels or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 small fresh jalapeno chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 firmly packed chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- salt and pepper
- lettuce leaf
- lime wedge
- fresh cilantro stem
- In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, bell pepper, chiles, chopped cilantro, lime juice and oil; mix lightly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to a day.
- To serve, line a serving bowl with lettuce leaves; spoon in bean mixture.
- Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs.
Very spicy salad which is a great accompaniant to spareribs or other barbecue meal. Thanks for sharing.