Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Lean center cut chops can be easy to overcook, but baking them in foil packets helps them stay juicy and moist. The moist, southwest inspired filling is a change from your standard stuffing. These were so delicious that my husband rushed me through the photo taking process so that he could have seconds!
- 118.29 ml bacon, diced
- 118.29 ml black beans, cooked
- 118.29 ml fresh corn, off the cob
- 118.29 ml cottage cheese, drained and rinsed
- 59.14 ml breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 44.37 ml red peppers, finely diced
- 7.39 ml garlic, minced
- 7.39 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml cilantro, minced (plus extra for garnish)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 566.99 g center-cut pork chops (not thin cut)
- 19.71 ml butter
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Fry bacon, drain off fat and set aside.
- Slightly mash black beans (leaving some of them whole) in a medium bowl.
- Add cooked bacon, corn, cottage cheese, bread crumbs, egg, red pepper, garlic, chili powder, and cilantro to the black beans and stir until well mixed.
- Using a paring or filet knife, cut a pocket into the pork chops large enough to hold 5-6 tbsps of the stuffing.
- Stuff each chop with about 5-6 tbsps of filling and set aside.
- Lay out 4 pieces of Reynolds Wrap Foil, each about 12 inches long, and put ½ tsp of butter on the center of each. Set one stuffed chop on top of each pat of butter. Lightly sprinkle salt on each chop. Top each chop with the other ½ tsp of butter. Drizzle each chop with ¼ of the lime juice (about 1 tbsp each). Lightly sprinkle each chop with black pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Wrap the foil around the chops to form a packet and set the foil packets into a baking pan.
- Bake foil wrapped chops at 425 degrees for 25 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads the stuffing at 165 degrees. Remove from oven and let set for 5-10 minutes.
- When serving the chops, garnish with cilantro, and don’t forget to pour some of the delicious packet juices on top!