1/1 Photo of Black Bean, Corn and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops #RSC
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Lean center cut chops can be easy to overcook, but baking them in foil packets helps them stay juicy and moist. The moist, southwest inspired filling is a change from your standard stuffing. These were so delicious that my husband rushed me through the photo taking process so that he could have seconds!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup black beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup fresh corn, off the cob
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons red peppers, finely diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced (plus extra for garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 ounces center-cut pork chops (not thin cut)
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Fry bacon, drain off fat and set aside.
- 3Slightly mash black beans (leaving some of them whole) in a medium bowl.
- 4Add cooked bacon, corn, cottage cheese, bread crumbs, egg, red pepper, garlic, chili powder, and cilantro to the black beans and stir until well mixed.
- 5Using a paring or filet knife, cut a pocket into the pork chops large enough to hold 5-6 tbsps of the stuffing.
- 6Stuff each chop with about 5-6 tbsps of filling and set aside.
- 7Lay out 4 pieces of Reynolds Wrap Foil, each about 12 inches long, and put ½ tsp of butter on the center of each. Set one stuffed chop on top of each pat of butter. Lightly sprinkle salt on each chop. Top each chop with the other ½ tsp of butter. Drizzle each chop with ¼ of the lime juice (about 1 tbsp each). Lightly sprinkle each chop with black pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Wrap the foil around the chops to form a packet and set the foil packets into a baking pan.
- 8Bake foil wrapped chops at 425 degrees for 25 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads the stuffing at 165 degrees. Remove from oven and let set for 5-10 minutes.
- 9When serving the chops, garnish with cilantro, and don’t forget to pour some of the delicious packet juices on top!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean, Corn and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.0
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 188.0 mg
- Sodium 760.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 50.3 g