Recipe by ~Mo~
For health reasons, I have to eat gluten free, dairy free, and low fat. So hamburgers are off the list. This is the recipe I invented to satisfy these cravings. I'm sharing this to get other people's opinions of it and will gladly accept any changes/additions/corrections.
Top Review by ct in ut
These were good. I agree with other reviews that they are soft which makes them hard to flip & I also used soy sauce. I intend to use this as a base recipe to develop my own version. Thanks for the posting.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 3 tablespoons salsa (I use Medium)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 onion, minced
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash chili powder
- 2 tablespoons bragg amino liquids seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free flour (any kind)
Directions See How It's Made
- (All measurements are estimates since I eyeball everything).
- Drain and mash the black beans. (Do NOT puree -- you want it to still have some texture).
- Stir in salsa, minced onion, and all spices (including Bragg amino liquids, which can be found in the health food section).
- Add in flour until the mixture forms a "dough" about the consistency of very soft cookie dough.
- Lightly grease a frying pan, and turn the temperature very high.
- Spoon onto the pan and spread it out to desired thickness. At this point, I like to add some more of the amino liquids over the top.
- Cook about 2 min on each side, or until it holds itself together when turned.
- I like to eat them on corn tortillas.