1/2 Photos of Black Bean Chowder
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup black beans, dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) ham steaks, trimmed and diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups water
- 3 envelopes oxo low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules (makes 2.25 c bouillon)
- 1 cup old el peso chunky salsa
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1Soak the black beans for several hours or overnight.
- 2Saute red onion, garlic, celery, and red pepper in olive oil until tender.
- 3Add ham, cumin, coriander, thyme, and oregano to vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
- 4Add drained black beans, chicken bouillon powder, water, and salsa and simmer until beans are tender.
- 5Add more water if necessary.
- 6Serve immediately or add 1/2 c water and refrigerate overnight, and reheat.
- 7Makes 4 servings of 1-1/4 cups.
- 8Garnish with 1/4 oz of cheddar shreds and 2 T of sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (534 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.2
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.3 mg
- Sodium 1013.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules