Black Bean Chowder
- Soak the black beans for several hours or overnight.
- Saute red onion, garlic, celery, and red pepper in olive oil until tender.
- Add ham, cumin, coriander, thyme, and oregano to vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
- Add drained black beans, chicken bouillon powder, water, and salsa and simmer until beans are tender.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Serve immediately or add 1/2 c water and refrigerate overnight, and reheat.
- Makes 4 servings of 1-1/4 cups.
- Garnish with 1/4 oz of cheddar shreds and 2 T of sour cream.