1 hr 5 mins
Strawberry Shortcake's's Note:
Healthy yet deviously delicious. I got this off of the Soma Studio website. No one believes me when I say it's flourless. I usually make it with a decadent chocolate icing, but I've made it with chocolate avocado icing and it was still scrumptious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Grease 9" cake pan and dust with cocoa powder, tapping to evenly distribute.
- 3Drain and rinse beans. Shake off excess water.
- 4I use handheld mixer to pulverize beans smooth.
- 5Add in 3 of the eggs, vanilla, salt and continue mixing. When smooth, add in coconut oil and honey. Add in last 2 eggs.
- 6In separate bowl, sift in cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder and then add to the wet ingredients
- 7Beat on high until you achieve a nice smooth consistency. Approx 1 minute.
- 8Scrape batter into pan and rap on counter a few times to free any bubbles.
- 9Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cake is done when top is rounded, firm to touch and toothpick comes out clean.
- 10LET CAKE SIT OVERNIGHT IF POSSIBLE or at least 8 hours. It's not a ready-eat-right-away type of cake.
- 11Frost with favorite frosting and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.6
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.5 mg
- Sodium 210.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 5.4 g