Recipe by Ms. McDreamy
Moist, chocolatey, high protein, high fiber, chocolate cake. I haven't tried this yet, but I've heard it's fabulous.
- 1⁄2 cup natural applesauce
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) canlow sodium black beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray 9" x 13" pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mash slightly with a fork the black beans with the liquid from the can, leaving about half of the beans intact.
- Add the applesauce and cake mix.
- Mix the ingredients for about 3 minutes on medium speed. Batter will be thick.
- Pour into the prepared pan, add optional chocolate chips to the top of cake and bake for 35-40 minutes. Test with a toothpick, if still wet, cook for another 5-10 minutes. Cool completely. Makes 16 pieces.