Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chili-like soup, spicy and wonderfully filling on a cold winter's night! You can let it simmer longer than 30 minutes if you'd like. I fix it before church and let it simmer while we're gone. Serve it with corn muffins, crumble them in your bowl as you eat it! Yum!!
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with chipotle peppers, petite diced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 cups tomato juice
- In a 6 quart pot, brown ground beef, drain well, set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbl. olive oil in bottom of pot, add onions, garlic, celery and green bell pepper, saute until slightly softened.
- Stir in spices, saute 1 minute.
- Add back to the pan the ground beef.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, orange juice and tomato juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for 30 minutes.