Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
A healthy twist on chimichangas. The prep time includes cooking the rice.
- 3 (15 ounce) canssalt free black beans, drained
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup tbsps chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 8 large whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Preheat broiler. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine beans, rice, corn, scallions and 1/3 cup of cilantro in medium bowl. Toss.
- Place tortillas on work surface. Place 1 cup of bean mixture down center of 1 tortilla.
- Fold in sides, then roll in tight cylinder. Place chimichanga seam side down on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Brush tortillas with oil.
- Broil in center of oven 3 to 5 minutes, or until crisp and lightly brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Serve with salsa and avocado.