1/3 Photos of Black Bean Chili With Cornbread Crust
A hearty meatless meal for a cool fall evening - chili and cornbread all in one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (seeded if desired)
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (or more depending on how hot you want the chili)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet.
- 3Add garlic, jalapenos, and onion and saute until soft. About 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in remaining chili ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until chili is thickened.
- 6While chili is simmering, prepare cornbread.
- 7Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- 8Add cheese and mix well.
- 9In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients and stir well.
- 10Add to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- 11Spray a 10X10 casserole dish with spray oil.
- 12Pour chili in prepared dish.
- 13Pour cornbread batter over top.
- 14Bake 20 - 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the cornbread comes out clean.
- 15Cool for about 5 minutes and serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired.
Browse Our Top Tex-Mex Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Chili With Cornbread Crust
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 586.6
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 1701.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 24.0 g