Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the easiest chili recipe I've ever seen, and the result is fabulous. It's ready in 20 minutes, and makes enough to easily feed four. It's also very good made with ground turkey.
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce (no salt added)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans (undrained)
- 1 cup chunky salsa (hot or medium)
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning mix ("Chili-O" or Chili powder, ground pepper, etc.)
- Brown the meat until thoroughly cooked and drain off excess fat.
- Drain one can of black beans and mash them.
- Add to the meat.
- Add other can of beans (without draining), two cans of tomato sauce, salsa and seasoning.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
Wow - this has got to be the easiest yet still tasty chili I've ever tried! I used diced tomatoes instead of the tomato sauce, and a whole packet of chili seasoning mix instead of just 1 tsp (we like things HOT at my house). My husband loved it!
This was good and it was very easy to make, but I thought it was definitely missing something. I added a medium onion, finely chopped, 1/2 a green pepper, finely chopped, 1/4 c minced garlic, 1/3 c lemon juice. I also put black pepper, red pepper, and more chili powder. In addition, a doubled the amount of salsa it called for. The final product was very good. I would not use this as chili, but I would consider it a good chili base.
Very yummy! Even the kids loved it...tho they love MANY spicy things! Didn't have the tomato sauce, so I used diced tomatoes...still tasted like a winner! Thanks