6 hrs 15 mins
Chef C's Note:
I received this recipe from my sister last winter. She was trying to convince me that chili didn't need meat to be satisfying. She was right. I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I have
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 beef (optional) or 1 vegetable bouillon cube (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1Place all of the ingredients in a slow cooker and stir well.
- 2Turn on low and cook for 6 hours.
- 3Serve over a baked potato or whole-grain brown rice.
- 4**This recipes can be made on the stove if you don't have a slow cooker.
- 5Cook over low heat and stir periodically to prevent sticking.
- 6**You can use dried black beans, soaked overnight and then boiled and simmered for about 2 hours.
- 7If using the bouillon cube for vegetarians it must be the vegetable bouillon cube.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.3
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 12.1 g