Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe was from my Grandma's collection. She made this alot during the winter time. She always made cornbread to go along with this.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- Mix seasonings together.
- In a large pot saute beef until browned. Place in colander and rinse with hot water to remove excess fat, return to pot.
- Add seasoning mix and all other ingredients except corn and beans. Simmer for 2 hours.
- Add beans and corn during last 20 minutes of cooking.
- I have substitute ground turkey breast for beef.