Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very good chili. You can make it spicier if you like by adding more jalepeno, habnero, or some cayenne, but I like it just like this.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 jalapenos, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes (I use crushed)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 3 -4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups frozen corn
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil. Cook chorizo; drain.
- Cook ground beef and pork together; drain 1 tablespoon oil.
- Cook vegetables about 5 minutes.
- Add to vegetables: meats, tomato, beer, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Cover and cook 1 hour.
- Stir in beans and corn. Cook 15 minutes longer.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas and butter or cornbread.