Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from the Australian New Idea magazine. By their calculations, this comes in at just $4.15 per serve!
- 440 g udon noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500 g ground chicken
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cm fresh ginger, piece finely grated
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 575 g black bean sauce
- 150 g snow peas, trimmed
- green spring onion, sliced for garnish
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes. Separate with a fork, drain.
- Heat half the oil in a hot wok. Add chicken in two batches. Stir fry until changed colour. Remove from wok.
- Heat remaining oil in same wok. Add carrots and ginger. Stir-fry about 2 minutes or until carrots are almost tender. Add capsicums. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add noodles to wok with chicken, stir-fry sauce, and snow peas. Stir-fry until hot.
- Serve the stir-fry garnished with green spring onions.