Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You may serve this in a crispy tostada shell. To make the shells, brush one side of a warmed 6-inch flour tortilla with margarine. Press tortilla, margarine side down in an ungreased 10-ounce custard cup. Bake in a 400 degree oven 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken breast halve, boneless, skinless, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta (6 ounces)
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Prepare Cilantro Dressing by placing all dressing ingredients in food processor or blender. Cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken in oil 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Toss chicken, chili powder and garlic salt; set aside.
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Mix pasta, chicken, dressing, tomato and beans.
- Serve in tostado shells if desired.