Recipe by True Texas
From recipelink.com, I wanted a similar recipe, or copycat to the Chicken Cilantro Salad that Albertsons sells in my area. I posted a request on this board and got this reply. Sounds good and plan on trying soon.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rigatoni pasta (medium tubes, 16 oz.)
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
Creamy Cilantro Pesto Dressing (recipe follows)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare dressing. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken in hot oil for 6-8 minutes , stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in th center. Toss chicken, chili powder, garlic and salt. (add more seasonings to taste if you wish) Set chicken aside.
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Rinse with cold water.
- Mix pasta, chicken,dressing, tomato and beans. Enjoy!
- Creamy Cilantro-Pesto Dressing.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cilantro (3/4 cup dried).
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
- 1/3 cups pine nuts.
- 1/3 cup olive oil.
- 1/4 cup whipping cream **.
- 1 teaspoons grated lemon peel.
- 1 TBSP.lemon juice ***.
- 1/8 teaspoons ground red pepper.
- 2 cloves garlic.
- Place all above ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Cover and process until smooth.