Black Bean & Chicken Enchiladas
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees & lightly grease a 13x9" baking dish. Depending upon the size of your enchiladas, you might need an additional greased 9x9' pan.
- In a large skillet (with lid) over MED-HIGH heat, bring to boil both cans of chicken broth with 1 additional can of water, oregano, bay leaf, and chopped onion. Once mixture has come to a boil, add chicken breasts and cover. Poach chicken for 20 minutes over MED-HIGH heat, turning once half-way thru cooking.
- While chicken is poaching, in a medium size bowl mix together; rinsed black beans, RO*TEL, green chilis, cumin, cayenne pepper, and chopped cilantro. Set aside.
- Once your chicken is fully cooked, place it in a large mixing bowl. When cool enough, finely shred chicken with two forks, then add black bean mixture and toss all together. Set aside & save your cooking liquid from the chicken!
- In a small mixing bowl, add can of cream of chicken soup and whisk soup together with an equal amount of cooking liquid from your chicken breasts. Set aside.
- Pile chicken mixture into flour tortillas and roll. Line greased baking dish with enchiladas, seam side down. Pour over cream of chicken soup and top with Mexican cheese and diced green onions. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove foil for last 5 minutes of baking.
- I liked to serve these enchiladas topped with fresh Pico de Gallo and light sour cream.