Recipe by bevdelta
This recipe taste great and is easy to make.
Top Review by mindynicole7
DELISH!!! I hate to boil chicken in prep for meals so I just browned the chicken with the peppers and onions. It turned out wonderful. I also garnished with 1/2 avocado sliced with the sour cream. DH just said "that's good" and he never likes anything I make!!!! Great recipe
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 large chicken breasts or 2 small chicken breasts, cooked chopped
- 4 (16 ounce) cans black beans, with liquid 500m
- 2 (16 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sauté onion, red and green peppers until tender. Add garlic and the remaining seasonings. Reduce heat and sauté an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken to pepper mixture and sauté another 2 to 3 minutes. Add beans, stewed tomatoes, and tomato sauce and tomato paste to the mixture. Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until chili thickens.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, and jalapenos.