Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe taste great and is easy to make.
Make and share this Black Bean Chicken Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 large chicken breasts or 2 small chicken breasts, cooked chopped
- 4 (16 ounce) cans black beans, with liquid 500m
- 2 (16 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sauté onion, red and green peppers until tender. Add garlic and the remaining seasonings. Reduce heat and sauté an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken to pepper mixture and sauté another 2 to 3 minutes. Add beans, stewed tomatoes, and tomato sauce and tomato paste to the mixture. Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until chili thickens.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, and jalapenos.
DELISH!!! I hate to boil chicken in prep for meals so I just browned the chicken with the peppers and onions. It turned out wonderful. I also garnished with 1/2 avocado sliced with the sour cream. DH just said "that's good" and he never likes anything I make!!!! Great recipe
Love it!! The family asks for it and I'm happy with the low fat low calorie one dish meal