Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Uses 99% fat free ground chicken for a low fat main dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 2 red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 ear of corn, cooked, kernels removed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add chicken and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Add red peppers, jalepeno pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, and corn and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add seasonings.
- Stir in black beans, tomato paste, and vinegar and let come to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.