Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I have not tried this yet. It sounds like an interesting recipe to take to a potluck. It's from Diabetic Gormet Magazine's daily e-mail and they got it from "1,001 Delicious Recipes" for People with Diabetes. Please note, it is recommended that this chill overnight, which is included in cook time.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 3 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 eggs (or 1-1/2 cups no-cholesterol real egg product)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salsa (mild or medium as garnish)
- Lightly grease 9-inch springform pan.
- and line with overlapping tortillas.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl until smooth; beat in eggs. Mix in remaining ingredients, except salsa.
- Transfer mixture to prepared springform pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees until center is set and sharp knife inserted halfway between center and edge of cheesecake comes out almost clean, 1-3/4 to 2 hours.
- Cool to room temperature on wire rack. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove side of pan. Cut cheesecake into 8 wedges.
- Cook wedges of cheesecake in lightly greased large skillet over medium-low heat until browned on both sides.
- Garnish each wedge with small dollop of salsa.