Black Bean Cakes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix black beans, egg, scallions, bell peppers, cornflakes or breadcrumbs, and hot sauce in a glass bowl.
- 2Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 3When the mixture has chilled and set, shape it into four balls.
- 4Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan.
- 5Dredge each ball lightly through the cornmeal and drop it gently onto the hot oil.
- 6Flatten gently with a spatula.
- 7Fry for about 4 minutes on each side.
- 8Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite salsa, dollops of sour cream, and guacamole.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.7
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 48.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 9.4 g