Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Black Bean Cakes
Make and share this Black Bean Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- Mix black beans, egg, scallions, bell peppers, cornflakes or breadcrumbs, and hot sauce in a glass bowl.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- When the mixture has chilled and set, shape it into four balls.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan.
- Dredge each ball lightly through the cornmeal and drop it gently onto the hot oil.
- Flatten gently with a spatula.
- Fry for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite salsa, dollops of sour cream, and guacamole.