- 6 1⁄2 cups black beans
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 1⁄4 red bell peppers, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse black beans in cold water. Place in a colander and drain well (at least 10 minutes).
- Blend well with hands, mashing some of the beans to form a thick mixture.
- Form into 3-ounce patties and set aside.
- Sauté bean cakes over medium-high heat, turning when they are golden brown.