I took a vegetarian cooking class and got this great recipe.
Make and share this Black Bean Butternut Squash Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 2 lbs butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 lb zucchini, diced
- 2 (19 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried chili
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- Heat oil in large saucepan; add onion celery and red pepper. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft.
- Add squashes, beans, tomatoes, garlic, seasonings and water. Bring to a boil reduce heat and cook uncovered for 30-45 minutes stirring occasionally.
I had no idea what to expect from this recipe so I was pleasantly surprised at how tasty it is. I made this exactly as posted, even though I'm not a big cumin fan. It was perfect! I will definitely be making this again in the cooler months. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
This is pretty good. It's weight-watcher friendly for both flex and core programs. I added some seasoned salt because table salt made it taste very sweet. Next time I make this I think I would add some ground turkey.