1/3 Photos of Black Bean Butternut Squash and Ham Pasta - Gluten / Lactose Fre
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I came up with this recipe on my own when trying to find alternatives to the traditional wheat meat pasta dish. Plus.. these were the ingredients I had in the cupboard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast butternut squash. Bake at 400F for approx 1 hour until a fork reveals that it is mush inside. Let cool for two hours on counter or in fridge. (It must be cool when you handle it so you don't burn yourself.) Do not add oil.
- 2Warm shaved or thinly diced ham with black beans in fry pan. No oil required in a non-stick pan. Low to med heat. Do not overcook.
- 3Cook brown rice pasta in boiling water. Do not overcook. Al Dente is at 7 minutes from the boil. You want the pasta to have a very very slight crunch. (Rice pasta has the tendency to turn to mush when overcooked.).
- 4Use a spoon and remove squash from skin. Do not include the hard outer bits. You only want to use the veg that has turned to mash.
- 5Drain pasta. Add butter/oil to prevent sticking.
- 6Add butternut squash mash to pasta. Mixing. You may have to mash it lightly as you turn it into the pasta. Do not over mix.
- 7Stir in ham and black beans.
- 8Serve. (you can add sat, pepper & Parmesan cheese - OPTIONAL).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Butternut Squash and Ham Pasta - Gluten / Lactose Fre
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.1
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 41.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown rice pasta