The upside of juicing is that you get maximum nutrition with minimum food prep. The downside is that you have all this pulp that is too good to just throw away. What's a Mom to do?? Black Bean Burgers to the rescue, ta da!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup oatmeal, quick cooking (or bread crumbs)
- 2 cups black beans, drained
- 1 small onion, minced (or 1 tsp onion powder)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (or 2 cloves minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil (my current favorite, use what you have)
- 1 cup pulp from juicing such as carrot, celery, beet, spinach, cucumber, etc
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, for frying
- 1Place oatmeal in bowl; add black beans. Using a potato masher, mash the two together. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the last 2 T of coconut oil. (You'll need them for frying.) Mix well to combine.
- 2Form into patties (4 dinner size, 6 lunch or snack size).
- 3Fry in a griddle until the center is hot (about 4 minutes each side) Load them up in a sandwich with your favorite fixings. Bon appetit!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Burgers Made With Veggie Pulp
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.4
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 337.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 9.7 g